Well, now that I've got your attention I want to explore the issue of sucking at things which result in our having to make extreme resolutions year after year. I am going to make an attempt to write this post in first person so that I can take full responsibility for my own sucking. However, even if this post sounds personal I would love you to join me on my mission for a suck free 2014.
First, lets think about my New Years Resolutions for 2013. I started my blog this time last year with a post entitled "Flowing into the New Year" where I wrote about my resolutions and how I was going to accomplish them. My resolutions for last year were shared with millions: to lose weight, get healthy and tone up which would all bring happiness making me a better person. How did I do? I kept up with my gym routine and watched what I ate, but didn't deny myself completely and lost 10 pounds. I'm happy with that especially since I don't seem to remember 2013 being a year of deprivation and actually quite enjoyed it. I guess I'm not so sucky afterall. So here are my resolutions for 2014 and how I intend to keep them:
1. Suck It In Less: As in, lose more weight and get more toned so I won't have to suck it in to feel comfortable. Another ten pounds this year would bring me within 5 pounds of my ultimate weight loss goal so this is important. I need to eat less and move more. It's ok to not eat chips when everyone else is, that's why God made baked kale. There really aren't any great excuses to skip the gym for days at a time, especially when it's cold out. Now let's talk about sucking it in less in relation to our environment. I'm the type of person that is heavily influenced by my environment, taking in energies from all directions and have actually been compared to a crystal in regards to that sense. If someone around me is acting negatively I tend to suck that in and it affects my own behavior as well.
This year I intend to change the subject whenever someone starts speaking negatively and remember to smile when I do so. I also intend to stop sucking in negative energies associated with bad choices whether of my own or choices of others. This is something I can say I do not completely suck at. I am a totally different person today than I was ten years ago.
2. Suck It Up Less: Crappy things happen to good people all the time and I'm no different. In fact, when you look at the big picture, nothing really sucky has ever happened to me, ever. I am grateful for everything life is offering me and has given me in the past. I am happy to have had bad experiences because without them I wouldn't have the understanding I do today.
3. Stop Sucking My Finances: Stop allowing foolish purchases to suck my bank account dry. Let's talk about the money I've spent on clothes that don't even fit right. Those jeans in my drawer were $15 cheaper than a pair that fit me better so I bought them instead. Now I have a pair of jeans that are too big around the waist and can also be considered bell bottom style that I will never wear. That $15 I saved caused me to have to go and buy another pair of jeans I will wear that do fit and not to mention they are taking up space in my overflowing garment collection. That one pair of jeans isn't the real problem, it's when I relate that pair of jeans to other expenditures in my life that I realize I need to work on that. I'm not going to stop buying jeans but I might spend a little more for fewer pairs of jeans. Another way to stop sucking my finances is through beauty products, creams, cleansers and home spritzers. I have a plan for that too and have already been experimenting with essential oils, extracts and rose water and do not even feel guilty one bit.
4. Stop Allowing Others To Suck The Life Out Of Me: You've read my resolutions and you are either cheering me on or not. Some of you might doubt that I will stick to any of these goals. I don't believe that at all. My biggest motto in life is what my Mother always says, " You can do anything if you set your mind to it." If you are with me, namaste, and I wish you the best that 2014 has to offer. If you aren't with me on this then you can just go suck it! Life's too short to worry about pleasing everyone.
Click here to visit my Etsy shop
Click here to like my Facebook page
Sunday, December 8, 2013
It's time for a Fine Feathered Freebie! To win this top-selling Infinity Bracelet I need your help.
Help me get more Facebook fans. Starting today:
1. Become a fan of In Fine Feathers on Facebook, if you're not already here's a link:
2. Share the Page, not the post on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and any other networking sites you use.
3. Tell your friends to comment on this picture telling me you sent them.
4. They can now enter the contest too!
5. Whoever gets the most new fans wins this top selling bracelet shipped free!
6. Contest ends Sunday 12/15!
Good Luck and Thank You!
Monday, December 2, 2013
Read this review on In Fine Feathers' Infinity Bracelet, a perfect inexpensive gift for just about anyone on your list!
Today's Cyber Monday Sale Get this bracelet for just 9.99!